Re: Notifier AFB-200

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:k-CdnZT8EeLvrX7fRVn-vA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> Does anyone else notice that almost every "tech
>>> support" answer from Olson gives no tech support
>>> at all -- just a bunch of nonsense that the OP
>>> probably already knows, or a few trite questions
>>> about the particulars -- but NO useful answers?
>>
>> Only thing I noticed is Frank didn't help someone
>> default a FIRE panel...
>
> The OP didn't ask how to default a FIRE panel.  He asked if anyone knows
> how to return the PASSWORDS to default on the panel.  Is there some reason
> you think it's necessary to yell FIRE when discussing the panel?

Since you don't know what you're talking about (again), I'll try and clarify
things (for your benefit).   In order to restore the level one or level two
passwords, he's going to need the level 3 password (which also happens to be
the main programming one).  Defaulting the passwords to the AFP-200 panel
*will* enable the OP to change the programming parameters of the system.  He
can do this in one of two ways.  He can use a laptop and hook it into the
RS485 port or he can program the system through the onboard keypad.   If the
system has a DACT and it happens to be the one that's fully compatible with
the AFP-200, he can also call in from a remote location and use the Notifier
software to program the panel.

I don't give out the means to do this on *any* fire alarm panel unless I
know whom I'm dealing with and they can verify several things.  So far, the
OP hasn't contacted me and perhaps he's leary of providing personal and
corporate information to "just anyone" he happens to meet on Usenet.  I
quite frankly don't blame him.  He is, after all, participating in a
Newsgroup with an individual (one Robert L. Bass) who has without hesitation
posted pertinent personal information in this forum, contacted the employers
of several individuals in this Newsgroup (with whom he has ongoing disputes)
to file grossly exaggerated claims of unprofessional conduct and outright
lies, and tried to find out information about me (I believe for no other
reason than to take his Newsgroup attacks to the "next level" -real life!!).

>> it would be stupid to do otherwise
>
> Are you saying that Olson isn't stupid?  Do you have proof that he's not
> stupid?  Have you seen one shred of evidence to support the idea that he's
> not stupid?  Do you believe he snap-rolled a 737?  Wait, that would make
> you stupid too.  You can plead the fifth (after Cracker finishes drinking
> it).

Uh-huh...  and once again you play the aviation card...  Pity you've been
"trumped" so many times it's become a "non issue" with everyone but you...

Did you finally get ahold of Elk Technical Support??  Did they tell you all
about the M1XEP??