Re: Monitronics monitoring assigned to Apex

They are past tense because in one case, I gave it up as too time consuming
at that point in time in my life. The other I sold at a handsome profit, and
the third and biggest, I was forced out of business by the world's worst gun
laws, if you must know.

I don't debate with Jim because he is crude, and his posts are hateful and
at times border on demented, like some others in the ng. I just ignore his
ignorance ! So far in this thread, you are the only one making judgments
about people you've never met. I don't know you or Jim personally, and in
his case, I don't ever want to know him. Nor do I think either of you guys
are stupid, although in his case, I do wonder how he handles his clients,
given his uncivilized attitude on this ng.

What makes you think I run my business from a "residential garage". ? As you
likely know if you are thinking in a reasonable fashion, you don't need a
huge storefront operation to run a security business. That only needlessly
increases your overheads. If you are selling in a mass marketing fashion,
you probably need space to house all those short term sales folks. I don't
sell those kinds of shitty minimalistic systems !!! Running my business from
a home office makes good sense from a tax persective as well, given my
current size. The installation side is run from my son's home, and provides
him with tax breaks as well. And just as in the case of most independant
dealers, the monitoring is done by a professional Central Station also
located elsewhere.

Frankly, I don't care if you or he (or anyone for that matter) doesn't care
for my so called "rants". I will continue to warn customers who come to this
ng against the stupidity of signing long term contracts when it is not
necessary. If they want a really inexpensive system at the front end, a long
term contract is the way to go. If they pay a fair price for the system up
front, a long term contract is useless to them and only serves the dealer's
interests.

When all is said and done, the ONLY ones that really count are the
customers.

Good day to you sir !

RHC