Re: Local ADT "Authorized Dealer" violating Florida law

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "bean" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > how is that violating the law?
>

> I don't think you can advertise a system as "free" in Florida unless there
> are no strings attached.  Most "free" systems require a three or four year
> contract term at rather a steep monthly fee...  although I've seen a few
ADT
> systems out here where they're only charging $18.00 a month for the "whole
> enchilada"...  That positively "boggles"...

I believe there are parameters for  the Authorized Dealers to follow when
they are going to sell the ageement to the parent company. However, ADT, at
least down here, now allows them to keep accounts and have ADT provide third
party monitoring service. The dealer now sets up his own business plan and
although he is still using the ADT name in his business, all bets are off as
far as the parameters set by ADT when an agreement is going to be purchased
by them.