Re: sensor choice for "gong detect"? & invisible light switches

An audio control relay might work.   Try University Sound ACR-1.  Would not
be my first choice, but that's the only thing off hand I can think of that
would do it.  Problem is unless you are very careful with your microphone
and layout you may get false triggers from other sound sources.

I think a AC contacter of some kind triggered directly from the bell current
might also work.  Radio Shack used to sell some labeled as AC relays, but I
haven't seen one in a while.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com