Re: CPI Security?

You should have 72 hour right of recision...most states do..just cancel =
and go with a company that doesn't base your monitoring rate on your =
credit score.

You landlord's credit should have no bearing on you buying a =
system...it's just bullshit. CPI's contract would be with you not  your =
landlord.

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" <mortschnerd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in =
message news:tYTAe.158004$XQ.3101128@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
| I applied two weeks ago to have CPI Security come out to my house and =
install
| one of their burglar alarm systems.  They have a base system that =
they'll
| install for free but then they snag you with add-ons to run up the =
bill.  I
| needed about $240 worth for which I wrote them a check.
|=20
| They ran a credit check on me (mine is excellent).  They ran an =
apparent title
| search on the house, which I had claimed to own to cut through the red =
tape
| given to renters.  Well, OK, you got me there... I came clean and gave =
them the
| homeowner's name and phone number.
|=20
| I've been living in the same house for almost 20 years and have an =
excellent
| rapport with my landlord.  I was certain he'd have no problem with the
| installation and as it turned out, he didn't.  But CPI insisted on =
running HIS
| credit; even though the service contract would be with me.
|=20
| Now I have a FICO score just shy of 800; I have no idea what my =
landlord's is.
| I do know he's a professional engineer in the employ of the city and =
has lived
| here for at least 30 years... hardly a fly by night type of guy.  A =
family man.
|=20
| Well, since my landlord doesn't see any reason to give permission to =
run his
| credit, the installation has come to a halt.  I can't say I blame him. =
 What in
| the hell business is it of CPI to investigate his credit... since the =
service
| contract will be with ME?  I can prepay if it comes to that.  Money is =
not the
| issue.  I just want the protection.  My landlord wants to protect his =
privacy.
|=20
| Am I being unreasonable?  I'm at the point of asking for my money back =
(the
| check cleared several days ago).
|=20
|=20