Re: Pre-Wired Alarm System

Forget VoIP totally unreliable...get a pots line for the alarm.

Radionics is good and there are plenty of Radionics dealers =
around...personally I don't use it much anymore (after being a 100% =
Radionics dealer for over 15 years).=20

Any installing alarm co. worth it's salt doesn't need a drawing. And, =
don't expect one from the prewire company. You can ask them to leave all =
wires stubbed out, that's not an unreasonable request...or you can go =
around with your digital camera and take pix right after the home is =
prewired. Nope its not shady to not give up information like that...try =
and ask for an "as-built plan" from the plumbers, see what kind of =
answer you get.

BEST way is to make a committment with whatever installing company you =
have chosen and have them walk the house right after it's prewired. I do =
this all the time, saves me time when installing on someone else's =
prewire. But, truth be told a good installing company that has been =
around a while will kinda know how other companies prewire and will have =
no trouble doing the job for you.

<bill.talbott@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
| Hello all,
| I am getting ready to close on a house that has already been prewired
| for alarm/cable/phone and was wondering what alarm system you would
| recommend.  I currently am using ADT at my current residence but was
| looking to go with a local company who provides monitoring as well.
| This company deals primarily with radionics.
| Would like to be able to use voip (I realize not many systems are
| compatible), also have the ability to call a phone number if any alarm
| conditions exist (ie. cell phone or pager).
| While I have your attention, at the first walk through of my new home =
| was talking to the building manager and apparently they are allowing a
| local company to come in and pre-wire ahead of time.  I asked him if I
| would be provided with a drawing of where the cables have been ran and
| he told me that the company that ran it will not give up that
| information.
| Now if I'm buying a house, shouldn't it be mandatory that anything in
| the house is divulged to me?  This sounds shady.
|=20