Re: How to get DSC alarm system to communicate with my PC? (hacks/mods ?)

robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm fine, friend.  My phone number has changed though.  It's
> 941-866-1100.  Option 1 on the menu gets you to my desk.  I'm usually
> in from 10:00 am until around 6:00 pm but this morning (Dec 15, 2005) I
> have to be out of the office.
>
> You can reach customer support by selecting option 2.

List of Robert's phone options:

Press "1" for Robert - you'll be routed to his voice mail, bounced back
to the main menu because it's full, re-routed to his condo in Bahia,
bounced back to the main menu because he's not there, then routed to the
general mail box where you'll be requested to send an email because
that's full too.

Press "2" for Michael - you'll be routed to his voice mail, bounced back
to the main menu because it's full, re-routed to Robert's phone,
transferred to his voice mail, bounced back to the main menu because
it's full, re-routed to his condo in Bahia,...

Presss "3" for "Sonic Duck" - you'll be routed to his voice mail,
bounced back to the main menu because it's full, re-routed to Michael's
phone, transferred to his voice mail, bounced back to the main menu
because it's full, routed to Robert's phone,...

Press "4" for Jim Rojas (the "tech-man" of last resort) - he'll actually
answer the phone.  You'll gasp in surprise and have an immediate
"kaniption".  Jim will recognize the sounds, pick up his Vonage line and
dial "911"...  He'll be routed to "Sonic Duck's" phone, transferred to
his voice mail, bounced back to main menu because it's full, then on to
Robert's phone, transferred to voice mail because he's not there,
bounced back to the main menu because it's full, re-routed to his condo
in Bahia,...

Press "5" for RHCampbell - he'll actually answer the phone too (only you
won't get a word in edgewise).  He'll immediately launch into a long
interminable diatribe on ADT and their shoddy service, the positively
criminal greed of most alarm dealers who insist on having their
customers sign long term monitoring contracts, and how he's able
(through judicious use of budgeting) to provide free service to his
clients.  You'll start pushing "*" several times in an attempt to
interrupt him and invoke the call transfer feature but Bob's anticipated
this and has defaulted his phone to transfer you back to the main menu
where you'll be rerouted to Robert's phone, told his voice message box
is full, then transferred on to his Condo in Bahia,...

Press "6" for Mark Leuck - He won't be at his desk.  You'll be
transferred to his cell phone where you'll be treated to the sound of
him chugging a Gatorade at the end of a "century" on his bent and
belching contentedly.

Press "7" for Jim (Alarminex) - He'll actually answer the phone too, but
I can't print what he'll say about Robert.  This is, after all, a family
phone.

Press "8" for Frank Olson - You'll be put on hold while I search
Robert's FAQ for an answer (since I'm only a "counter clerk" and know
nothing about installing).  This will take some time as the search will
involve using the "wayback" machine and I'll have to correct some minor
spelling errors because Robert can spell but just can't type.  The
on-hold music for the month is:  http://load.pquinn.com/binaries/fries/

:-)