Re: Car remote's range becomes smaller

Ditto on the battery contacts...I find this a problem especially with older
remotes. They need to be cleaned with each new battery or more often if not
used as much.  They may look clean but have oxidation on the battery and
contacts. I use a device that looks like a mechanical drawing pencil but has
a fiber rod that I bought after seeing a jeweler use one to clean the
contacts/battery on a watch.