Re: Rogers dropping usenet

Strictly speaking, you are correct. However, when a popular service is
provided all along by an ISP and then they decide to carte blanche drop it
from their service offering, it should be obvious to any thinking person at
Rogers that it's going to cause quite a lot of ill will within their
customer base. Even a first year marketing student would never be so stupid
as to suggest taking away from a service that which customers have been used
to having all along, and which they have come to consider as a valuable part
of their service.

It sounds like the bean counters at Rogers have been busy....hmmm, how much
will we save on network usage versus how many customer are actually going to
leave us if we pull this stunt ?

All I can say is it annoyed me enough to pull the plug. DSL works every bit
as well and my net savings each month is about $20. All consumers can ever
do is vote with their pocketbooks !

RHC

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html