Re: Elk M1G for Rehabbed House

<chriscaldwell289@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1135368783.034803.155330@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I do appreciate the helpful information provided by everyone on the
> Elk, limited as it may be.

The panel doesn't have that much exposure in the market place as of yet.
Automation systems are the big rage but not everyone is jumping in. I think
there is a "wait and see" line of thinking going on.

  I have a suggestion, instead of jumping in
> on every thread Robert Bass writes on, you may consider actually
> contributing something to the forums.

Big difference between contributing to the forum, which most do with their
own strengths, and keeping RLB's comments in line with where he really
stands in the industry. Alot of what goes on is that some feel a need to
warn newbies about RLB's past and his business ethics. Others have an on
going problem with his off line antics, which sound rather vicious, if true.
Others have a problem with his holier-than-thou attitude about **every**
subject matter. Some have problems with his perpetual need to disagree or
pick apart every other contribution other than his own. And then there are
some that don't give a rat's bASS about him and do it for kicks and giggles.

> While I have my reservations
> about buying from Bass,

Is it because of what you may have learned here about his past and business
ethics?

 at least he was willing to take a minute to
> post a helpful reply.

And promote his web business, which isn't the purpose of this NG

  You all may choose to argue that his advice is
> meaningless drivel,

That isn't true. When he is responding with worthwhile information it is
usually on target. It is just when he makes it sound like it is his own or
from his personal experience, that people get upset because some know
better.

> Once again, I am grateful for the contributions you have all made, but
> it would be more helpful to me (and the many other threads that have
> suffered the same fate) if this could remain a forum that discusses the
> merits of different alarm systems rather than the merits of the people
> that contribute to the forum.

That won't happen as long as there is disruption stemming from the actions
of some of the participants. That is what happens in an open forum.

> Thank you all and I do hope you might find the time to offer more
> input.

And good luck with your project. Don't go away because of the above. You'll
find spotted help here. Just pick and choose what is helpful and what is
playground joisting.

> Have a very happy holiday season.

Stay safe!