Re: Selling for First Alert?

It's not First Alert.  It's the franchise deals that are rarely as good
for the dealer as they are for the franchiser.  Frankly, you can
usually build a stronger, more profitable alarm business on your own
than you can working for one of the "dealer" organizations.

I have no problem with FA.  It's just slightly modified Ademco
(Honeywell) product.  I make a decent living selling Ademco / Honeywell
and numerous other brands online.  If I could support it I'd probably
offer FA as well.

>From the consumer's standpoint there are some issues to consider.  FA
is sold dealer direct so end users can only get support from a local FA
dealer.  If there are several in the area from which to chose that
shouldn't be a problem.  But if there's only one FA dealer in the area
and the consumer at some point becomes disenchanted with his services
it can be a pain trying to switch.  At the very least, the buyer may
have to purchase new controls just to get service from another firm.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com