Re: Girsh Alarm in Philly, PA lousy treatment of potential employee

My job at the time paid commission only and Girsh was offering
salary/draw etc. Previously, I had been a high powered salesman for
computer related products and software flying all over the US. I
decided to take a pay cut and work locally when my son was born a year
ago. Girsh offered a nice upgrade from the local residential alarm
company I was with and would have put me back in front of Fortune 500
companies - although locally.

Whoever "Alarmgirl" is, probably Jodie Girsh herself, is just blowing
smoke to try and cover her... Quite simply, I looked for a new job, was
made a hard offer, resigned from my current position and was then
shafted by Girsh. The only point Alarmgirl made which is true is that I
cannot go back to the previous employer for they will know I want to be
elsewhere.

As for my selling myself to Girsh, I am certain that I did. Again, I
was made hard offer and then met with Jodie Girsh who took the time to
walk me around and introduce me as their new salesman to the entire
staff! What would be the purpose of that if they were not hiring me -
especially after 3 meetings, 2 aptitude tests,  2 personality tests, 2
background checks, 2+ months of phone calls and a "They want you" call
from theg headhunter?

What happened is that Jodie first learned how much Harry and the
headhunter proposed to pay when I sat down with her. This threw her for
a loop as she was on a completely different page. She then monkey
wrenched my employment there. She probably convinced Harry to hire a
kid out of college for much less money and ruin any chance of a rapid
expansion there.

Either way, I deserved at least a direct phone call back from them to
tell me to my face what their intentions were. They said I was hired
and then left the planet...

Here is a link to the Monster.com ad for the job. Note it originally
said Girsh and now says Confidential under company name. In addition it
went from stating $75k-$100k to $50k-$75k.

http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=36117867&AVSDM=2005%2D11%2D04+11%3A24%3A09&Logo=1&q=caramanico&cy=us

Anyway Alarmgirl, Jodie Girsh, or whoever you are - you should know
this story has been posted all over the web on many news groups like
this, with the local chamber of commerce, the BBB, philla.gov,
rip-offreport.com and many others. Over time whenever people look up
Girsh they will find this story though sadly it will never damage you
remotely as you did my family.