Re: NAPCO 1008 odd behavior

nesss01@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a NAPCO 1008 ontrol box with rp1045e keypads.
>
> I don't have the installer code, which is Ok for now, but i wanted to
> be sure, it had been changed from the default, so i held down 8, tried
> 456789, and nothing happened, so i got out of programming mode by
> either pressing B, or holding down 8 again (i forget which).
>
> Now, the alrm works, and i can arm and disarm it, but just touching the
> 8 key instantly arms the system, so i have to disarm it, and i can't
> get into programming mode to change user codes.
>
> Any idea whats up?
>
> seth

Yep, I think you got yourself into a quandry.

It's likely that you've created an arming code with one digit  ........
number 8.
If that's so ...... now you can't get back into programing to change
it.

There isn't any battery to remove,  to default the panel, as suggested
by someone else. That was the 2600 that had a battery and I don't think
that removing it would have defaulted the panel anyway.

The only way to get into programing for either user or dealer, on the
1008 now, is by downloading it with the installers code or sending it
to some one to default it.