Alarm system comparisons?

I'm currently considering upgrading and/or replacing my Vista 20P
installation.  I'd like to be able to add a monitored (but not
alarming) zone for my garage doors, so I can tell by glancing at the
keypad whether I've remembered to close them.  To do this, I absolutely
need an expansion module, since I'm out of available zones, but I don't
want to buy until I'm sure I want to stick with this system (which was
installed by my home builder).

Features I'd like to get in a system:
* hardwired (obviously, has to utilize existing vista wiring)
* 16 zones (have 8, need 1 or more additional, would like slop)
* X10 control (have the alarm turn on/off lights for events, like when
the garage opens)
* computer interface (be able to log all events, sensors, armings,
etc.) (also, arming and disarming through the computer is a plus)

I'm sure there are other features I haven't really thought of yet --
I'm just at a preliminary stage now...phone control, for example, might
be nice..

Once I find this end-all-be-all system, would most monitoring companies
be able to support it?  Or would I likely find myself being told to
replace my system with whatever they prefer?

I've seen discussion about the Napco Gemini, especially with regards to
computer controls, but the protocol doc doesn't seem to be available
anymore.  If someone could email me that, I'd appreciate it, too.... It
definitely seems like that's the way to go, but I'd really like to see
a lot more detail, install manuals, protocol specs, etc., before I
plunk down any money...

thanks!

david.