Re: why ground an alarm panel.

w_tom said:

>  If an appliance connects directly to AC power, then it must
>have a safety ground.  Some use methods of getting around UL
>requirements that are beyond the scope of this discussion.=20
>Furthermore you apparently do not understand the scope of the
>expression "UL, NEC, and maybe some from your utility" which
>would explain why a quote from the NEC is irrelevant and
>misguided.  By understanding the meaning of "UL, NEC, and
>maybe some from your utility", then you would have never asked
>for an NEC quote.

Since you still have not provided an NEC reference requiring grounding of
enclosures containing only Class 2 circuits, I must assume that either (a)
you do not own a copy of the NEC, or (b) you cannot find an NEC section
that supports your position.

Now, you appear to claim that UL requires grounding of such enclosures.
All right, the relevant UL standards for alarm control panels include UL
1610, UL 609, UL 864, and UL 365.  Please cite a paragraph from any of
these standards that requires grounding of enclosures containing only Class=

2 circuits.  I have copies of these standards...do you?

As to =91maybe some from your utility,=92 I haven=92t the slightest idea wh=
at you
are talking about.  Do you?

> Need I also cite the specific NEC requirements that connect
>that third prong to building's safety ground?

Alarm control panels are not cord-connected devices.  They don=92t have a
cord, much less a third prong.  Perhaps you have never seen an alarm
control panel.  That might explain your comments.

- badenov