Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment -- Truce?

I don't remember those exact quotes but you are once again taken things out
of context. You conveniently forgot to to put any of those comments in
context. I can't remember those exact words, but I do remember saying such
things (and stronger) in regards to AlarmBridge's hidden auto renewing 5
year contract, which is what we were talking about.

And my comments about ADT still stand ! They and the other nationals WOULD
be in trouble if they didn't have these long term contracts to hide behind !
And by revenue sharks, I AM referring to ADT and a lot of the other
companies who install these hopeless wireless minisystems just to get the
long term contract. And of course the newest kid on the block - AlarmForce !

However, if you or anyone else feels slighted by my comments, then I will be
more careful in the future and will qualify my comments carefully so no
reader goes away feeling that long term contracts in and of themselves are a
bad thing, or at least they see it scoped out within the industry
realistically.  But with rare exception, they do nothing for the end client,
so people should shop around, since more and more companies will do that if
pressed by the buyer !!

And unless we want to continue this tirade any longer, I suggest you also
start to look at things more objectively, and start looking at the "big
picture" in regards to the contract issue ! Win, lose or draw according to
your standards, it doesn't serve any further purpose other than stirring the
pot in the newsgroup. And frankly, neither of us are going to change our
minds, so lets just drop it !! Feel free to shoot at me in the future if you
don't like what I say......

RHC

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html