Re: Convert CCTV to Digital

anthony.clendenen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Is there anyway to do this without having to run more cables to the
> office upstairs?  All the equipment is down in the store except for
> second monitor.

The only way to get all four cameras *separately* to the upstairs is to
use all wireless cameras, or wireless transmitters for each camera, but
that's gonna get really expensive - see my other subsequent post.

One other possibility is to use the one existing coax running upstairs
as a fish wire to pull through a CAT-3 or CAT-5 (four twisted paid)
wire, and use four pair of video baluns to feed the video over that to
the office. (see
http://www.muxlab.com/products/ve_cctv_modular_balun.html for an
example; there are several other manufacturers of similar devices)

That's still gonna be a few bucks (the cheapest baluns run me about
CDN$38 each, wholesale, and you'll need at least six of them), but a lot
cheaper than going wireless.  Fishing a new wire this way will only work
if the existing cable isn't tied down, attached to, or wrapped around
anything, but even if you have to run the new cable separately, it'll be
a lot easier to do than running three more coax feeds.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0551-2, 12/20/2005
Tested on: 12/21/2005 10:49:26 AM