Ademco Compass Hardware I/F Requirement?

I would like to use a laptop to locally program a Vista 250BP.  I have
Compass download software (Part# CMP1580ADCD Version 1.5.8.0).

The datasheet says that I need to hook the laptop up to a 4100SM serial
module.  This panel has an Alpha Paging Module installed.  Can I hook
up the laptop to the Alpha Paging Module and still use the Compass
software?