Re: Honeywell 60 / DSC PC1550

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> Correct on both points. Time to upgrade really. As the saying goes, you
> wouldn't run your business on a 486; why run your security on the same
> vintage of alarm panel...

What's wrong with a 1550??  Is it going to communicate faster than the
newer stuff??  Yes.  How much faster?  Maybe 5 seconds.  The 1550 has
similar features to many of the new panels coming out by other
manufacturers (in some ways it's still better).  Sure, it's limited to
six zones, but it was a hard panel to beat (feature and price wise) in
its day.  When would I actually recommend "ripping one out"?  Well...
If it's got more devices hooked to it than available zones.  If the
customer wants to add more devices than there are zones.  If they want
to add *wireless* features (or X-10) or if they "suddenly" want an Elk

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.