Re: home security battery ??

Don't pry under the keypad. Go into the basement, garage, or closet, and
look for several small gauge wires (look like phone wires) going into a
beige or gray metal box about 12 inches square. That is your alarm control
panel. If your system is hardwired only, (doesn't have any wireless devices
with little batteries in them at the doors &/or windows) and your battery is
at least 5 yrs old, it's in need of replacement. (or you tripped an a/c
circuit or blew your low voltage alarm transformer- but if the batt is that
old, replace it anyway) Inside the alarm control panel, you'll find your old
battery with a red and a black wire attached by slide clips to red and black
battery terminals. Slide these off, and put a new battery in of the same
type. It's either a 12vdc 4ah, or a 12vdc 7ah batt. DO NOT attach the leads
to the wrong terminals on the battery- they are color coded, so be very
careful- you will fry the main board &/or start an electrical  fire if you
hook it up backwards.