Re: Down Payments?

Small jobs that are done in a day or two, bill at completion.
Larger jobs and constuction type jobs, 50/40/10
    40% due at time material is delivered (goods sold)
Builders, 50 percent at prewire, 50 percent at trim
Large corporations, government, PO's with terms and won't start until a PO
is received. Contracts also need to be in place prior to start which should
outline payment schedule.

In all fairness to your client, there are alot of warnings about "fly by
nighters" taking deposits and running. Makes it tough to be lumped in with
these types of tactics. Just supply references, licensing, business
information, website, brochures, etc. which the truck slammers don't have.
Do it upfront during your sales presentation. Should make them feel more
comfortable.