Re: Value of monitoring Contracts?

> If you take on someone else's accounts, check with
> your insurance company to make sure you're properly
> insured...

Our insurance coverage for monitored accounts requires that each
client be under a contract which has been approved by the
underwriter.

In the event that I should decide to buy out another dealer,
coverage would only apply as each client signs an approved
contract.  If the selling alarm company's contract meets the
underwriter's requirements no new agreement would be required
until renewal time.

In my case this is moot since I have no intention of buying
anyone out.  I'm slowly getting out of monitoring anyway.  It
takes too much time away from more lucrative activities.  This is
an area where online alarm dealers tend to differ from brick and
mortar counterparts.  Traditional alarm dealers make most of
their profits from RMR, whereas online dealers rely on system
sales.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass