is wireless mature yet

Having reviewed as much as I could take in from 4 years of posts thanks to
Google -- and -- R.Campbell, excellent web site ... is there any chance that
you experts would consider the GE Simon3 to be a 'real' security system?  In
particular, is there some way they can justify having the panel/keypad in
one unit which I would imagine could be easily 'incompacitated'?

Unfortunately, wireless would be most easily facilitated in our place --
finished basement.  I'm willing to rip into the ceiling and under trim if
absolutely necessary but would rather not.  Is wireless technology mature
enough to use yet -- reliably?  Have you put in a Paradox or DSC wireless
(it appears they do sell such a thing) -- results?  Is there a
top-of-the-line 'wireless' solution?  Replacing batteries is a non-issue
(i.e. a minor annoyance as long as it isn't monthly or something);
reliability is.

Thanks in advance and regards ...