Re: Alarm panel with web server?

On 16 Aug 2005 13:12:49 -0700, "teillon" <teillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Does this exist?  I have spent much of the day reading groups and have
>found nothing, but "it's coming...".
>
>I'm an absentee owner of a liquor store and am looking to upgrade my
>surveilance and alarm.  I easily remote monitor a DVX system, but want
>to remote monitor/audit my alarm system as well...
>
>Thanks for the advice...

The auditing part is easy (and cheap, too).  Check out:
https://www.adtselect.com/ADTSelect_DataSource.htm

click on the "Take a tour of DataSource" hyperlink for a demo.

As far as monitoring alarms, by far the cheapest option is a paging
feature on a conventional panel.  Text messaging to a pager, phone or
pager emulation program on a PC may be all you need.

There are several systems on the market that will communicate with
your PC as well.