Re: An absurd situation

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:WO-dnQ3sSqVtaJ3eRVn-rw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I really thought I'd heard it all until this afternoon.
>
> Got a call from a woman moving into a home with an alarm I had installed
> some years ago, and that had been non monitored for a couple of years. We
> made an appointment for tomorrow morning to hook it up to the CS, and when
> I arrived home, my wife said the woman had called to cancel the
> appointment. So curious as to why, I called the lady and found that she
> had made an appointment with a large company who promised to send out a
> French speaking salesman. Now since I knew this company and their rates, I
> pointed out to her that she was going to have to pay $10 a month more for
> service, get limited warranty and service compared to my offering, and
> burden herself needlessly with a three year contract.
>
> Her response to me for why she was going with them was..." you're not a
> Francophone from Quebec"....!!! Talk about "reverse bias". I get by in
> French, and my son is fluently bilingual, but her reasoning (if you want
> to call it that) was that I was not Canadian French from Quebec, so she
> chose not to deal with me....
>
> For the first time in my life I simply had no answer !! But I couldn't
> help thinking..."Lady, if you're that stupid that you want to go for that
> kind of deal simply because I don't come from Quebec, then go for it...."
>
> Gawd, proves the old adage...a fool and his money are soon parted.
>
> RHC

Being from Massachusetts, I run into the "Yankee" thing here in Tennessee.
One man told me that my grandfather probably fought his grandfather in the
civil war and that's why he hated Yankees. I told him it was highly unlikely
that my grandfather was in his war because my grandparents were Canadian.
People will find a reason to hate if they are filled with hate. Be glad you
didn't get this customer.

Bob