Re: rant: clients

"Okitoki" <okyaysenturk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1124033825.765826.284740@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Crash, I just want to tell a little joke that might resemble your
> situation.

I got one that wasn't a joke. I had two techs at a client's home and they
were re-wiring the circuits in the back of the home that were damaged when
he had the back patio remodeled to a closed in sun room and the circuits
needed to be extended to cover the new perimeter. The wife set the
appointment. I stopped by the job, while the techs were there. The husband
and I talked for a bit and then he said, "by the way, I saw the service
ticket on the counter and there is a hourly charge posted on the ticket." I
said, yes, there will be a charge which will be figured on time and
material. But this is a small job so it won't be too bad. He then said, "I
want you to put it on someone elses bill." I thought he was joking and sort
of laughed. He said, "I am not joking, you can put it on someone elses bill,
they won't know." I looked at his wife who was obviously embarrassed. I told
him, "I can't get away with it twice, this charge was from an earlier
appointment," trying to make light of his request. He was serious and I
finally asked the techs if they would work for free today to get my point
across that things aren't free. I had to tell him that if he couldn't afford
the service we will take a credit card so that he could make payments, but
the charge was final. His wife intervened and said, "no we will pay the
charge at the time of billing". I have to say I thought I had heard it all
until this.