Re: Can't connect to ADT or Monitronics Ademco Panels

Unlockit said:

> I checked tech-man.com but didn't find anything.  Thanks though.  I
>have heard that there was a program that would unlock the software to
>connect to these panels.  Tech support connects to anything.  I guess
>no one knows how to do this.

It's not about unlocking.  If you look at Compass, you'll see the list of
panels it supports is actually a list of EXE programs, one for each panel
(Vista20.exe, for example).  Compass is a front end database program that
manages access to these exe files.  The ADT version of Compass contains exe
files for the ADT panel types.

Even if you had the proper exe files, you could not just add them to your
version of Compass, because Compass contains a front end Access database
listing the panels it can program, and the individual exe files will only
run from within Compass.  Now if you can hack password-protected Access
databases, you could deal with that problem, but you'd still need the
panel-specific exe files.

- badenov