Re: Paradox SPC 1738 EX

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:25:56 -0400, R.H.Campbell wrote:

> Yes, unlike older Paradox lines, with the Spectra and Digiplex panels, you
> can access the master code via the installer code. Provided you know the
> installer code, press "enter" plus the installer code, then go into section
> 301, and type in your new master code, which will overwrite the old one.
>
> To default, provided the board is not locked, power down, put on reset
> jumper, power up with AC, wait a good 20 or 30 seconds, remove the jumper
> and you are back to factory....000000 is the default installer code. If
> locked, nothing happens at all (note you do NOT lose all settings except the
> installer code like the DSC panels, so there is no danger in trying to
> default)
>
> You will find it's much easier to do everything with these lines of panels
> if you hook up and use the full LCD keypad
>
> Hope that helps
>
> RHC

Thanks, that's more than I knew before.  Let me get this straight.  If
locked, only the installer code is defaulted, otherwise everything is
defaulted.  Is there anyway of telling if the panel is locked (clicking of
realy on DSC panels)?  If I recall, there was only an LED keypad and no
programming sheets on site.  Also a 4 hours drive one way.

Thanks