Re: CO2 detector and smoke alarms

<TheAberdeenKid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1114715388.202992.161820@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Can I add a CO2 detector onto a fire zone that already contains 2 smoke
> alarms?
> I assuming that since they are both 24/7 sensors I can do this.

Not a good idea.  It's a separate detector.  Use a different zone and don't
program it as  a "fire loop".  Make it 24 hour audible at the keypad.  The
local sounder should alert you to the danger and the CS will be alerted and
respond accordingly.  You don't necessarily want the "big guys in boots and
yellow jackets" coming to your door when you're away and the detector's been
activated.  They'll bust the door in first and ask questions later.