Re: Heat sensor in the attic

> The 604 is a fixed temp 200 degree heat
> detector.  If you're considering putting
> one up there, go with that.  A RoR won't
> work in attics (even a high temp one).
> You're liable to get some false alarms.

I disagree.  The 602 (RoR) is designed for use in attics.  I've installed
hundreds of them in attics with no problems at all.  Attic temperature can
go high but it won't generally rise fast enough to set off a rate-of-rise
heat detector.  Just be sure to use a detector that's rated for at least
190ºF.  There are several brands which range from 194 to 200 degrees.  They
all perform about the same.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass