Re: Newbie Question: basic system with wireless keypad

"Cloy" <cloy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Is there an online configuration tool or service that would put
> together the parts I need?

There are many "online" security dealers that post here.  Then there are
dealers and installers that post here that don't sell online.  Which group
would you be comfortable dealing with??  Every professional I've met on this
group has their own preferences when it comes to the security equipment they
sell or recommend using.  For my money, I wouldn't purchase product through
Radio Shack.  You can probably do far better going with professional grade
equipment.  Visonic makes a nifty little wireless alarm system that's loaded
with features.

http://www.visonic.com/visonic/VisonicHomePage.nsf/sysSystemDetailsActiveByName/PowerMax%20plus%20?OpenDocument

Then there's GE.

http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/products/ge-interlogix?pnlid=9&famid=55&catid=1131&id=Dtim20ZoneCP&lang=en_US

There are others out there as well.  In Canada, the more popular alarm
products are manufacturered by DSC, Paradox, GE, Ademco, Napco, ELK and ITI.
They all have their own websites so you can explore their offerings on your
own.  As for programming and set-up, some are relatively easy (DSC is
probably the simplest to learn) and some require training (or knowledge of
"alarm-ish" which you actually learn in the trade) and the ability to read a
technical document.

Good luck!!