Re: newbie needs advice

Don't listen to our resident crackpot Paulie from Belgium. He bought a =
piece of crap wireless "alarm" system for $29.95 10 years ago that =
didn't work and he's still crying about it.

Wireless IS installed by professionals, and it's very effective...and =
with the cost of labor these days it is the MOST cost effective way of =
doing it.

Direct police response is not available in the US as far as I =
know...unless you are a government official of somekind. All dispatch =
goes through "central stations" and then we dispatch the proper =
authorities.

Loud siren? It 'may' scare someone off, but it won't scare a fire out. =
I'm a firm believer in monitoring by professional central station. =
You'll also save some money off your home-owners insurance...and have =
the peace of mind knowing that someone will show up to investigate the =
alarm. Don't count on your neighbors checking on your house if they hear =
a siren...where is it coming from? Hard to tell sometimes which house is =
going off. I personally wouldn't want my neighbors walking into a =
burglary in progress either.