Re: Bypass Telco's NID box?

Bobby_M wrote:
> No need for this thing, my alarm panel monitors the line. What good
> does it due when someone cuts the line and forces their way into my
> home? The alarm condition will not make it to the central station. I
> want to stop the cut from happening period.

Don't ask, just move it. When's the last time the Telco had to come to
your house?

If they have to come after you move it, it'd probably be best if you
made sure you were home on that day. I'd think that as long as you were
there to give them access, the service guy wouldn't really care where
it is. If they give you a hassle, just move it back and then you'll
have to consider alternative backup monitoring sevices.