residential outside TV camera - suggestions?

I want to install one (maybe more) TV cameras to watch the outside of
my house or the street in front of my house.  There has been a series
of vandalism incidents at my house and some neighbors.   The
requirement is to get a clear picture of an incident, probably at
night, with a timestamp and enough detail (resolution) to be able to
identify suspects.  Everything I've seen so far has given a grainy
image that tells you it was a light colored car with two people,
possibly male.

Is there anything out there with better performance?  I have some
flexibility with cost and installation difficulty.

Thanks.