Re: Drawing software

bdolph wrote:
> Try a trial version of Smartdraw.  Those that haven't upgraded their
> Smartdraw  in a while might want to check out the latest version 7.
> They have added many new features and plug-ins.  Easy learning curve
on
> this product.  Those that have a moderate sized company may want to
look
> into D-Tools.  They use a Visio platform.
>
> BobbyD
>
> Dandelion Acres wrote:
>
> >What do you guys use for CAD drawings? I want for both commercial
fire and
> >resi systems, and don't want to go through the steep curve of
AutoCad (big
> >bucks too!).

I just saw this advertised in Hometech Products. I don't know anything
about it but you can try. It's called NetZoom by Altima Technologies
Inc. No web site given. Says it is designed for creation of diagrams in
the areas of computer, telecomm, A/V and residential and security
networks. Works with most appllications., including Microsoft Visio
2003, Microsoft Powerpoint 2003, Igrafx, Auto CAD and NetViz. Features
libraries that contain more than 60,000 shapes and 2000 manufacturers,
connection strings detailing  end to end connections and chassis
configurations, using related chassis and modules. Offers search
feature that includes a query interface for locating equipment shapes,
a preview feature and free updates and tech support. No cost was given.