Re: Brinks as stand-alone alarm

Yes, I understand that I never "own" the system and never will unless I
pay a purchase price at some time.  But as long as the system is in my
house... my question is whether they will hold their promise and let me
have the system work with no monitoring after the contract is over.
The salesperson seemed to remember his presentation quite well so he
probably isn't too new at this.

I did read on the contract that written notice needs to be sent at
least 30 days before contract ends.  That's sort of a gotcha and I am
aware of this.  The rest of the contract is quite clear but it doesn't
say what happens to the system after the contract is over, it never
said explicitly they are coming to rip it out of my house after the
contract is over and no further service is desired.

So maybe the code will continue to be the same and if I need any
programming I need to pay a brinks tech to come out to do something.

I am not too concerned about who owns what..  as long as the service
terminate in a state where it can make chime and siren it seems ok to
me.  So is there anyone that officially had the contract term finished
with brinks that can tell me their experience?