Re: Security Certification

"J. Sloud" <jsloud2001@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:pbv271tdqlc61o2vt8thuqbo5uamneeloa@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:51:10 +0900, "Yongil" <disid386@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >I would like to know the value of security realted certifications; CPP,
PSP,
> >PIS of ASIS.
> >
> >How about the certtification?
> >Any reply would be appreciated  .
>
> They may look good on a resume to a potential employer.  Other than
> that, they mean very little in the real world.

Unless the customer, or employer, is requireing a particular certification,
or a demonstration of expertise in the consulting world or for credibility
in the expert witness scenerio or in any other world that one doesn't know
about if their career has been dedicated/limited to just one specific area.
Certifications are looked at differently. Some look at them as an
accomplishment in higher learning and others look at them as a waste of
time. They might of thought the same of their high school diploma.

>About the only certiication that is worth the effort and money is NICET.
There seems
> to be an increasing trend of specs requiring NICET II or III
> installers or project managers.

This is true and definiately a reconized certification for those that are
dealing in the fire alarm industry but there is to much made of it for what
it is. What you are see is coming from architects and engineers that are
writing a spec. It is the same as these same individuals specing Notifier
Fire Alarms on every set of prints. It is the only thing they know.

Bob4Secur