Ademco TUFFTACT rollerball contacts....

Can someone please give me an overview of the Ademco TUFFTACT
rollerball contacts? I am slowly piecing together an Ademco 15P system
for my home and I can't seem to get them working. They are brand new
and each one is set as it's own zone, but the system shows them as
faulted whether they are depressed or not. Is there a difference
between the two wires? Is it possible to wire them backwards? What is
it that I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
~K~