Re: Brinks as stand-alone alarm

It is proprietary however that doesn't mean it can't be a local only system

"Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Read the contract carefully. Most alarm contracts, the initial term is 2 or
3 years then they will automatically renew for terms of 1 year after that,
IF you don't cancel in writing with a 30 day prior notice. Not unusual. Just
make sure that something to that effect IS in the contract and that you
remember to cancel within their time period.

That being said...I'm not sure I've ever heard of a BHS 2000, so you may
want to look at the box or IN the box to see what you really have there. It
may be a private labeled Ademco panel (or something else). AS LONG AS IT'S
NOT some Proprietary alarm panel manufactured JUST for Brinks, you should be
ok.

BUT... Make sure (have them put it in the contract) That they will unlock
the programming for you for free after you cancel monitoring with them. They
will have to deprogram the dialing portion of the progamming anyway...make
sure that they don't lock the programming after that.