Re: residential outside TV camera - suggestions?

An excellent point!  From the  demos I've seen and reading I've done,
I think I understand the basics.  One point that I keep coming back to
is this:

If I have a few (2 to 4) high resolution (possibly digital) cameras
fixed on a moderate size field of view each and store everything as
digital data, can I do an electronic blow up / image enhancement that
would yield the details lost by having a relatively large field?

If yes, this would allow me to minimize the number of fixed field
cameras (lower cost and complexity) yet get the key identification
information I want.  Also, very large disks are now cheap, so
archiving several days of data for multiple cameras isn't such an
impossible task.  I do understand that the court evidence aspect would
be somewhat compromised, but it would still be worth it to me.

Thanks.