Re: Project for hotel security -- might be something for CHA gurus

I have used them, they are very user unfriendly, and act alot like a PC
more than a RTOS system. I cant stand their menu programming, it is
similar to the lower end Everfocus units, and for the price of the DMs,
you would expect more.

I have installed Kalatel DVRs past 4 years, and they are much better
than DM.

I totally understand pricing of DVRs, i sell various options and they
are listed on my web site. There is never one DVR for every application
or job.

Like I said, if you are in the Uk, go for it, but if you are in the US
there other high end RTOS DVRs to choose from; GE Kalatel, Bosch,
Panasonic, and even March Networks and Sanyo.

Alot of alarm distributors are specing and selling DMs as that is
either all they know, or DM is doing some good advertising. All my
Florida Distributors have the same feeling, that DM is the best, they
dont really know any other DVR though, plus they sell so much products,
they really dont have much knowledge of CCTV to start with.

I have used alot of DVRs including DM, other high priced units, and
cheap and mid range DVRs. We spent the past couple years just buying
and testing DVRs, among some that we tested that were in the field.

For more info and reviews of all DVRs, visit www.CCTVforum.com.

Rory