CADDX... finally breaking down and asking...

Folks, your help would be appreciated.  As many before me have said... this
Caddx equipment is good stuff, but not programmer-friendly.  I program
industrial control and safety systems for a living and yet I'm here seeking
help because of lousy documentation.

Here's my configuration:  NX-8E, NX-216E and two NX-148E LCD keypads (one at
address 192, the other at 200).  I've got two entry/exit points (zone type
3's); one from the garage and one from the front door.  When coming in from
the garage, the keypad is two steps from the door.  When coming in the front
door, I must cross two motion detectors (zone type 12's) to get to the
keypad.

1.  The status LEDs on the two keypads don't jive.  One seems to be just
fine and the other I often see all 5 LEDs on-steady:  stay, chime, exit,
bypass and cancel.  Doesn't seem to affect functioning, but I just don't
feel it's acting right.  Is this normal?

2.  I get inconsistent chiming.  Sometimes my garage exit door and the door
to my patio chime... sometimes they don't.  I originally thought it was
associatied with a motion detector tripped concurrently, but now I believe
it's random.  I've come through the garage entry with the system disarmed
and didn't hear a chime.  Stopped, closed the door and reopened, then I get
a chime.  Weird.  I know this isn't the case, but I'll ask anyway... is this
normal?  Any suggestions?  I don't get any false trips, so I don't suspect
faulty wiring.

3.  This one isn't a quirk.  Just looking for a better mousetrap.  I'd like
to be able to arm/operate in three modes:
a.  Night-stay:  I'd use this for night-time when everyone's home.  Arm the
system with motions disabled.  No entry or exit delay on any doors.  If any
perimiter zone is breached, immediate alarm.  This would prevent an intruder
from coming in at night and reaching me or my family before the siren went
off.  I know, sounds paranoid, but that's why I have an alarm system in the
first place: protection.
b.  Away:  This is easy and already working.  When system is armed, entry
and exit delays allow user to get to keypad.  Can cross the motion zones
during an entry/exit delay to get to the keypad.  If no entry or exit is
being timed, any motion will be an instant alarm.
c.  Day-stay:  This would be for when someone's home (wife) and the system
is armed.  Interior motions bypassed when armed.  I could still enter
through the front or garage entry and get to the keypad to disarm system
prior to an alarm.  I believe this is how we have it now when we arm-stay.

So, the real question is how do I make 3a happen?  Any suggestions?  This
may be as simple as trying different zone types.

Thanks in advance,

Hector