End Of Line Terminating Resistor, Or Module, On Older Interconnected Smoke Detectors ?

Hello:

For you "old timers" out there (meant as a compliment):

Did older wired-in smoke detectors that were interconnected ever use or
require, an
end-of-line terminating resistor ?   How about an end-of-line module, of
some sort ?

Details on, if so ?

Was wondering if my interconnect problem, described in a few of my recent
posts,  might be that these items are hidden away somewhere on the
interconnect line ?

Thanks for all the help,
Bob