Door Access Control With Good E-mail Interfaces

Is there a door access control system with fine-grained support for e-mail
or pager notifications for specific events?    We have been using Ademco
Passpoint, but I have problems with this:

1) The software doesn't run as a Windows service, so if you reboot the
server it doesn't automatically startup the software that needs to be
running to have e-mail notifications work.

2) There are no time periods for e-mail notifications.   For example, I
would like to know about all entries after hours and on weekends at the
moment they happen.   Passpoint makes you get all entries or no entries, and
nothing based on time of day.

3) Passpoint appears to be a dead-end product for Ademco.   The software
hasn't been upgraded in ages and they have lots of different control systems
now that seem to compete with it.    I'm feeling a lack of direction there.

4) Many of the Ademco events that trigger notifications are borderline
gibberish, mainly triggers for very low-level technical things in the alarm
or door access panels.   They just didn't think through how people would
want to use and interface to event notifications.

Cost is an issue.    I want the best price-performance ratio that meets the
basic requirements for good Windows server integration and real-time
notifications of events.

Other requirements that would be nice to have (but not essential) for the
door access system:

1) Ability to use the same badges to access workstations and unlock a
screensaver.

2) Ability to unlock file cabinets.

Are there any systems that meet my requirements better than Passpoint?

--
Will