Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

"coord" <splunge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Hmmm....believe it or not there are some US jurisdictions where a permit
> is required for interior *painting*..."my home is my castle" may not
> apply... ;-)

Heh...  A permit may be required to change the oil in the car parked in your
own garage, but how many would take the time (or even be inclined to spend
the money) to get one??  Who's going to be the wiser if you're doing your
own renovations??  There are hundreds of homes in BC that have been *ruined*
by idiots with Pot grow-ops who've made "interior renovations" without their
landlord's knowledge (ie. cored holes through foundations for venting, run
bypasses on the electric and gas meters, etc.).  In many instances the homes
have been left in such a state (due to the high humidity, the damage to
partition walls, etc.) that they have to be demolished.  And those are only
the ones where the growers have been "busted"...