Re: A scope for installing PIR?

John O wrote:
> I need some help from you pros. I'm staring at an assessment question
that
> says something like this: "when installing a motion sensor in an
odd-shaped
> room, scope the perimeter and eliminate obstructions."
>
> I'm assuming there is a device that I would look through that gives
me some
> idea of what the PIR would see. But I can't sniff out anything on the
web to
> clarify this. I've given this a good try, and far too much time, but
I can't
> find a link to such a device. Does anyone know where I'd find one?
>
> -John O

I'd think that this means the same thing as if someone told you to go
to a job site and "scope out" the job. Meaning,  go take a look and see
what needs to be done. You wouldn't take a "job scope" to do this and
neither would you need a "PIR scope" to see if a motion detector would
work in any given area.