Wiring a LED lights into the house mains

I wanted to know if it is possible to wire any consumer LED strip kit into =
the mains for a room in the house.

For example:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009WKRLOC/

5 Meter RGB Color Changing 3528 Flexible LED Strip Kit 60 LEDs/m with IR Re=
mote 24 Key Controller AC Power Supply Adapter UK Plug

The electrical details are as follows:

Working Input Voltage: 12VDC
Working Current/meter: 0.4A
Output power: ~24W /5 Meter
Working Temperature:-20=B0to 50=B0
Drive Mode:Constant Voltage(DC 12V voltage)

I am not an electrician, but I would like to know if it is possible to have=
 these LED strips wired by an electrician into the existing wiring for a ro=
om, so that they can be controlled by the light switch. I do not mind losin=
g the colour changing and remote control functionality.