Re: Certifying Cat-5 cable

Hook them up and record error counts / total packets. Print it out and
document.

----------

"Jester"  wrote in message

This is the latest discussion so I guess I should start here...
I'm wiring a building, and well, they want me to certify the cables. No
problem,
make them into a gig, but then I was like wait... If they are already
terminated
into jacks...

Sooo yea, one end is terminated into a jack and the other end into a
switch board,
is there anyway I can still test these cables for 1 gig in speed?

|            http://forums.cabling-design.com/             |
|              *** a better way to USENET ***              |
| no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup |
|    alt.home.automation - 2015 messages and counting!     |