Re: Light sensor for OFF at dusk and ON at daylight?

On 10/26/2010 7:38 AM, dh@. wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 23:50:17 -0400, "Petem"<petem001@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>> "Stubby"<William.Plummer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  a écrit dans le message de groupe de
>> discussion :
>> 8fd119b3-bc27-448d-b6fb-5e45c597aa16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>
>>> You could use two light sensors in a box (with ventilation!).  The
>>> first looks at the world while the second looks at the light on the
>>> first sensor.
>
>      That idea worked great. It's probably the way I'll go with it
>
>> Just put a 110 volt realy at the place of the lamp connection in a simple
>> dusk detector and use a N.C. connection on it to feed what ever you want..
>> if the relay is OFF (when the detector see some light) the currenty pass ..
>> simple simple simple..
>
>      I'm interested in trying that but don't know an easy place to
> get the relay, or what an N.C. connection is. I did however get
> two light sensors like "Stubby" suggested and it seems to work
> pretty well.

parts-express.com has relays for many different voltages. A 120 volt
relay is about $10.00. The N.C. connection is the "normally closed"
connection. It is a closed circuit before the relay is activated. It
opens upon activation. The opposite is the normally open connection
which is the opposite of the normally closed.

The relay is small, does not require much power (none when it is not
activated). It doesn't put out heat, and it is easy to wire into a
circuit. It  does seem like a better choice than the two light suggestion.
--
Jim