Re: Can a Remote Control Thermostat replace My Existing Thermostat?

In <4cea5bd4$0$20158$607ed4bc@xxxxxx> "RBM" <rbm2@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>Your existing thermostat is most likely line voltage, and this remote is
>designed for low voltage, in fact this unit requires a 24 volt common, which
>is generally not found at a series 80 heating thermostat.

a wall thermostat using line voltage? There certainly are some,
but most of the ones I've run into run at (nominal) 24V and
have a relay somewhere.

(Might be a NY issue - whenever you run 120V you pretty much
always have to put it in tubing or "Greenfield", which tilts
the equation towards using lower voltages).

		     dannyb@xxxxxxxxx